Wednesday, August 19, 2009

DyVineDyalogue 2.0




Before I proceed, I want send a special shout out to my guy, Osahon, a loyal follower of So Snewty! This man logs on daily to check us out and puts on for So Snewty out there in ATL! We wish him & GT Football tons of success on the upcoming season! Much love!
-DyVineSoul =)


On to business as usual….
Follow me & this blog on Twitter : @DyVineWurdz (blog) @DyVineSoul (me)

The Little Things

If you haven’t picked up on it by now, you should be informed that I have a Neo-Soul swagger (but I love me some Grand Hustle, especially Dro *guilty pleasure*). I like to laugh and joke but, at the core, I am low key and mellow; the music used in my blogs, reflects such. So, this week we focus on “The Little Things”. My girl India.Arie jams on this one. She talks about how the simplest of things bring her a joy like no other. I believe that we can take that and apply it to where else?..... Relationships!

You’ve heard it all before…“My man gotta buy me this.” “Well, my man gotta be able to buy me that” or “I need a baller.” Similar phrases run the gamut in our society, on TV, in our music. From the outside looking in, I’m sure that most, if not all, women seem like money-hungry, golddigging, car booties (<~~~ #uknoUfromthechi if you know what a “car booty” is! Haha). However, I come today to speak the piece of those who don’t chase the money (the money), cars (cars), clothes (clothes) ~ we leave that for the H*es, I suppose (uh-oh, step it out on the Drizzy). Haha. Not all of us chase the material… in fact; all we require are the little things.
More than anything, I enjoy chillin, just laying out with my boo, chatting aimlessly. I lay my head on his chest, he plays in my dreads … I don’t need to be wined and dined. I don’t need flowers… I just need the little things. Kiss me on my forehead, hold my hand, or pull me close in a crowded party. I ask for these things because, I have come to realize, from my own observation, that once a person is so into you… it’s the little things that keep you there and hold you over when they aren’t around.
Fellas, have you ever broken up with a chick and you were so used to the way she would brush your hair for you, or rub your face to calm you down? Ladies, how about the way, he’d just look at you and smile and say something like, “Babe, you’re amazing!” It may not be those mentioned, but ya’ll get where I’m going… It’s often the little things that make us miss people, in general. You miss his scent or you miss her laugh
So why don’t we pay more attention to the little things? Last week I discussed why we’ll become a loveless generation. As a result of our lack of patience and need for convenience, we lose, the little things: the collarbone kisses, the walks by the lake, the random Def Poetry Jam Youtube vid that says all that you’re feeling or just to make her laugh. The little things come as you get to know a person … They also can keep a relationship interesting and worthwhile, no matter the distance between the two.
Doing the little things should never be a task, it should just happen because you want to. You should not be sitting with your girl wondering when it’s the right time to tell her that you love the way she wears her hair or contemplating how you’re going to make that move to offer him a massage after his long day. The little things just happen.
All I can say is, ‘be you.’ The genuine you, with the goofy laugh and the random movie quotes (“give it up for Mr. Randy Watson….from the “What’s Goin Down” episode of “That’s My Mama”… haha). Shower her with affection (light kisses on her shoulder), let him know you’re there (don’t crowd his space but let him know you’re nearby) cuz in the long run, it’ll keep ‘em there and missing you when you’re not! If your girl likes flowers, send them to her job (she’ll love it! I, personally just don’t like flowers~ Send me a bouquet of boxes of Raisinets haha). You know your boo loves him some you… go on and send that flick pic to him MIDDAY or late at night so it’s the first thing he sees in the morning. The little things keep you on the brain all day.
So, I’ve said all this to say…. The Little Things Matter… so do them!
Peace & Blessings,
DyVineSoul

No comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates