Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today's the Day


So I got up early this morning. I had an appointment so I decided to go vote before I went to my appointment. Waking up this morning felt, I felt odd and as time progressed I soon noticed the differences between today and any other day. The radio is playing nothing but Marvin Gaye and Sam Cook, the lines are extra long at polling places but every black person had a smile on there face. The husstlers were up bright and early casting there votes and setting up shop outside polling places to sale bbq and quarter juices...Only in the Chi!!!, a van tied speakers to the roof of their vehicle turned the music to max capacity and proceeded to drive down the blocks in my neighborhood playing "the Obama Chant". Today is different and I'm hoping that by the end of the night Change will be the mantra for my tommorrows.
I think I'll pull the camera out and get some shots tonight, because history is gonna be made one way or the other. Trust if a repeat of 04 occurs there is definitely gonna be a riot.

No comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates