Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving from So Snewty


Maybe it's a matter of maturation, as the years of my life progress, or it could just be a culmination of perspectives based on various struggles in this day and age and realizing that I am Blessed enough not to be in the majority; whatever the case may be this year I am extremely thankful for my present state. In this current economy, with unemployment rates on the rise, I'm thankful to finnally have a job. I reside in Chi city and with our city having the highest crime rate, I am blessed and thankful to not have been a victim of crime. This year I received my degree and I am thankful for the strength and opportunity to do so. In a society where standards aren't the same, and the very essence of family has been chipped away at, I am thankful to still have a solid foundation in my family and a model that is contrary to what the latest statistics say on African American households.I am blessed to still be breathing and healthy in a world where so much can take you out the count. I am thankful for a solid circle of friends who I can count on for support and commradory. A circle of friends who have their heads on straight and to value the importance of family and love. To be sitting in a room with ten people, men and women and not one of us have any children out of wedlock is a blessing in itself. Lastly Im thankful that after all my battles and struggles with life and love Im still standing and playing my hand.
What are you guys thankful for?

No comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates