Monday, August 25, 2008

Deep Like My Name Isis

As a child history always intrigued me. Whether reading the stories in my textbook or listening attentively as heroic deeds were narrated to me and the plight of my culture was brought to the forefront, I always managed to find myself lost. I was lost in the lessons learned via the stories told;longing to experience a monumental moment of greatness. Today, I am no longer a child yet I find myself searching for greatness, attempting to embody what it is to be great, to be legendary, to be historic. Tonight I realized that history is truly being written and I am witnessing it, much like the adults today who were alive to see King speak to see Malcolm speak, maurderers of our time and of the struggle. This history is being made by the Obama family and as it is being made, I promised myself tonight that this blog, the modern day newspaper, will be an active voice in documenting that history. I'll definitely be sure to post the historic speeches and decision for those of you who are caught up in the everyday struggle to survive and may have missed something you wanted to see due to work.

Michelle Obama gives her Speech at the DNC- evening of July 25Th

This was definitely a well put together speech. Truly Isis, the embodiment of woman

No comments:

Template by:
Free Blog Templates