Friday, September 26, 2008

Free Write Me

So I told Ms. Bourghetto that I was gonna post this. Yes she's the one who did that ignorant post not to long ago and contributes from time to time. We'll we we're conversing on aim and she left for like 5 mins and came back with this piece she wrote inspired by her soulmate as she prefers to reference them, not her boo lol. Anywho I read this and was like yo I gotta blog about this. I don't know about ya'll but rarely do you see this kind of admiration for another individual anymore. The conception of love is often tainted and mislabeled or misrepresented. All I'm saying is this is the kinda shit I want my guy to write about me.

Free Write ME
Sometimes I just wanna
say goodbye to you
then hook my ring finger
through your belt loop
and will you to stay.
Pull you back to me
and touch my head to your chest
feel your heart beneath your argyle sweater
cuz you
inspire me

If I were a dancer I'd say you move me
but I'm a poet so I guess you write me
free write me
pen to paper
etch letters that become words that form phrases that forever sentence me
I'm yours. period.

And yes I may launch into hyperbolic soliloquy from time to time
spit cosmic images in iambic pentameter
concoct fictitious re-enactments of non-existent impossibilities
but that's only because with you the shit is real
and this novella is my autobigoraphy
and you, you're the foreword

If only this thing was complete
that way Oprah's book club could read it and call it wonderful
and propel it to the top of the N.Y. Times bestsellers list...
...but it ain't

So I'm content with being the evidence of the stroke of your instrument
your thoughts scribbled haphazardly in gray led on a napkin
your favorite uncompleted book
your most prized journal entry.

Template by:
Free Blog Templates